To mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting homeownership as a means to break the cycle of poverty.
A world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
- Housing for all: Access to safe, decent and affordable housing is a basic human right that should be available to all.
- Human dignity: The worth and dignity of every human being is recognized and respected.
- Partnership: Our mission is best achieved through meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Faith in action: Faith is lived through action. Building on our Christian foundation, we serve and work in the spirit of justice and compassion.
- Diversity and inclusiveness: There is a role for everyone committed to our Mission and Values, and we seek to enrich our organization through diversity.
- Accountability: Acting with integrity, we are committed to sound stewardship in all that we do.
Established in 1988, Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region (HFHWR) was founded by a group of passionate volunteers whom fully believed that Waterloo Region should be a safe and decent place for every community member to live. The renowned 1993 Habitat for Humanity Jimmy Carter Work Project on Daniel Avenue in Kitchener, when HFHWR built 10 homes in 10 days for 10 families in need during a phenomenal blitz build, put the affiliate on the map in this region. Since then, we have successfully continued on and built over 100 homes for hard-working, low-income families. We are not only proud of our rich history, but also of this community. We have witnessed and experienced, alongside our partner families, an outpouring of generosity by national and local donors, and passionate volunteers. Our success is really yours. Thank you for believing in our mission to build homes, hope and communities through the offer of homeownership.